Isle of Dread Rumours
In addition to Larissa Vanderboren’s journal, there are many tales and stories concerning the Isle of Dread and its inhabitants, the Olman. While most of them are assuredly false, some might hold a grain of truth.
- The Olman observe a form of totemic ancestor worship and animate some of their dead. They consider this a natural thing.
- A great plateau sits at the island’s centre, where ancient terrible gods slumber. Those who defile that sacred place risk waking them.
- Natives found on the islands east of the seven Olman villages are feral cannibals who attack and ritually consume strangers. They are known for their war drums and often form raiding parties on outrigger canoes.
- Spider demons dwell in the jungle. They seek to enslave and experiment on anyone who comes into their grasp.
- The Isle of Dread is filled with dinosaurs and other horrible monsters. The natives only go beyond the safety of their Great Wall in large numbers.
- Avoid the mysterious fogs on the main island at any cost. They herald the arrival of more dire creatures to our world. Never step into the heart of the fog or you won’t return to this world ever again!
- As dangerous as the island’s surface is, the world below the island is far worse. Great cavernous spaces beneath the jungle hold titanic water demons, performing foul rites and bloody sacrifices.
- The Rhagodessa you encountered under Sasserine were imported from the island.